Seven Reasons Why I’m Attending the Annual Summit
|Written by Patrick Morley|
|Sunday, November 09 2008 19:00|
In 2005, Man in the Mirror hosted a Leadership Summit. About 80 leaders attended. They were leaders of men’s ministries in their churches, donors, leaders of other servant ministries, denominational leaders, Board members, faculty, and Bible study leaders.
That meeting dramatically shaped what Man in the Mirror has been doing since (e.g., building www.disciplemen.com and starting a Field Network—currently in pilot testing).
We think it’s time once again to bring together leaders who are passionate about a) men’s discipleship and b) Man in the Mirror methods and resources.
Here are seven reasons why I’m attending. I hope after reading them, you will want to attend too….
1. Hang out. Because of the shared passion and vision, this will be the most likeminded group I’ll be with all year. Great time to network.
2. Grow. There will be teaching that encourages and inspires me as a men’s discipleship guy.
3. Contribute. When I go to a meeting, I want to make a contribution. There will be a “think tank” atmosphere with plenty of opportunity for personal involvement.
4. Learn. During plenary sessions and roundtables, I will be inundated with best practices from proven leaders.
5. Get Involved. Man in the Mirror is shifting how we provide ministry to our customers (churches) from a headquarters based model to a Field Network model. The Annual Summit is ground zero—the place to get in on the ground floor.
6. Wives. We hear from men who wish their wives better understood and supported their passion for men’s discipleship. We realized we need to start including spouses—and not just as a token, but really involve. So wives will be included in all plenary sessions. And Man in the Mirror’s #1 rated speaker, Ruthie Delk (our President’s wife) will lead the women during the workshop sessions.
7. Impact. The economic meltdown presents a spiritual opportunity unlike any we’ve ever seen. It would not be surprising to see millions of men come to their senses and follow Christ. Let’s dream together for a strategy to lead 1,000,000 men to Christ, or back to Christ, in 2009.
Yours for changed lives,